Please register even if a class is full. You will be put on a waitlist and notified if space is made available.
ALABAMA RIVERS EDUCATOR WORKSHOP - CAMP MCDOWELL
Jun 5,2019 - Jun 6,2019 Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. Please look at our events calendar for more Alabama Rivers Educator Workshops.
Alabama Rivers Book Workshops, funded by the Alabama Bicentennial Commission and based on Dr. Bill Deutsch’s newly released book Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge, are ideal for educators, outreach specialists, classroom teachers, and volunteers who work with 4th-12th grades.
For book, curriculum, and workshop details, please visit: http://www.alabamawaterwatch.org/environmental-ed/educator-workshops/
This workshop is approximately 1.5 days long.
Day 1: 10am – 5:30pm
Instruction will take place predominately in the classroom. Workshop facilitators will provide:
- An overview of the Alabama Rivers book
- Instruction in how to use the curriculum
- Demonstrations of how to conduct several of the lessons
Day 2: 9 am – 1 pm
Educators will canoe on Clear Creek.
Participants who complete an Alabama Rivers Educator Workshop will receive:
- Certification as Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of the Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge by Dr. Bill Deutsch
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers
- Access to online digital resources
- Continuing Education Units from Auburn University
- Some food and lodging during workshop
The Workshop Registration Fee is $35 and is non-refundable after date one month before workshop. Your registration is not complete until your fee is received. You can pay online in the pages that follow, or mail a check to:
Alabama Water Watch
559 Devall Dr.
Auburn, AL 36849
Please contact the AWW Office with any questions.
105 Delong Road
Nauvoo, AL 35578
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org