Please register even if a class is full. You will be put on a waitlist and notified if space is made available.
ALABAMA RIVERS EDUCATOR WORKSHOP - LEE CO (SCIENCE FOCUS)
Apr 20,2020 - Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Alabama Rivers Book Workshops, funded by MidSouth RC&D and based on Dr. Bill Deutsch’s book Alabama Rivers, A Celebration & Challenge, are ideal for educators, outreach specialists, classroom teachers, and volunteers who work with 4th-12th grades.
Morning instruction will take place predominately in the classroom. Workshop facilitators will provide:
- An overview of the Alabama Rivers book
- Instruction in how to use the curriculum
- Demonstrations of how to conduct several of the lessons
In the afternoon, participants will tour Auburn University's E.W. Shell Fisheries Station and engage in science-related programming.
Participants who complete this Alabama Rivers Book Workshop will receive:
- Certification as an Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge by Dr. Bill Deutsch
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers
- Access to online digital resources
- Continuing Education Units from Auburn University and Professional Development Units from PowerSchool
- Lunch (provided by Legacy, Inc.)
The Workshop Registration Fee is $25. Refunds will be given up to two weeks before the workshop. Your registration is not complete until your fee is received. You can pay online in the pages that follow, or mail a check to:
Alabama Water Watch
559 Devall Dr.
Auburn, AL 36849
Please contact the AWW Office with any questions.
This workshop is sponsored by MidSouth RC&D and Legacy, Inc.
Lee County Historical Society
6500 Stage Rd
Loachapoka, AL 36865
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org