Please register even if a class is full. You will be put on a waitlist and notified if space is made available.
ALABAMA RIVERS EDUCATOR WORKSHOP - SPANISH FORT
Jun 20,2019 - Jun 21,2019 Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Registration is now closed.
Alabama Rivers Book Workshops, funded by the Alabama Bicentennial Commission and based on Dr. Bill Deutsch’s newly released book Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge, are ideal for educators, outreach specialists, classroom teachers, and volunteers who work with 4th-12th grades.
For book, curriculum, and workshop details, please visit: http://www.alabamawaterwatch.org/environmental-ed/educator-workshops/
This workshop is approximately 1.5 days long.
Day 1: 10am – 5:30pm
Instruction will take place predominately in the classroom. Workshop facilitators will provide:
- An overview of the Alabama Rivers book
- Instruction in how to use the curriculum
- Demonstrations of how to conduct several of the lessons
Day 2: 9 am – 1 pm
Participants will tour the Mobile Delta by boat.
Participants who complete an Alabama Rivers Educator Workshop will receive:
- Certification as Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of the Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge by Dr. Bill Deutsch
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers
- Access to online digital resources
- Continuing Education Units from Auburn University
- Some food and lodging during workshop
The Workshop Registration Fee is $35 and is non-refundable after date one month before workshop. Your registration is not complete until your fee is received. You can pay online in the pages that follow, or mail a check to:
Alabama Water Watch
559 Devall Dr.
Auburn, AL 36849
Please contact the AWW Office with any questions.
Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Office
30571 Five Rivers Boulevard
Spanish Fort , AL 36527
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org