Please register even if a class is full. You will be put on a waitlist and notified if space is made available.
ALABAMA RIVERS EDUCATOR WORKSHOP -LOACHAPOKA, AL
Jul 18,2019 - Jul 19,2019 Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Alabama Rivers Book Workshops, funded by the Alabama Bicentennial Commission and based on Dr. Bill Deutsch’s newly released book Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge, are ideal for educators, outreach specialists, classroom teachers, and volunteers who work with 4th-12th grades.
For book, curriculum, and workshop details, please visit: http://www.alabamawaterwatch.org/environmental-ed/educator-workshops/
This workshop will also include a second day of instruction that will focus on the Exploring Our Living Streams: Stream Biomonitoring Curriculum. Participants will learn how to teach their students about the water environment, water pollution, stream ecology, and how to conduct a stream bioassessment that uses aquatic macroinvertebrates as indicators of pollution.
This workshop is approximately 2 days long.
Day 1: 10am – 5:30pm
Instruction will take place predominately in the classroom. Workshop facilitators will provide:
- An overview of the Alabama Rivers book
- Instruction in how to use the curriculum
- Demonstrations of how to conduct several of the lessons
Day 2: 9 am – 4 pm
Participants will be trained in stream biomonitoring and the Exploring Our Living Streams
Participants who complete an Alabama Rivers Book Workshop will receive:
- Certification as Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of the Alabama Rivers, A Celebration and Challenge by Dr. Bill Deutsch
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers
- A copy of Exploring Our Living Streams: Stream Biomonitoring
- Certification as Exploring Our Living Streams Educator and AWW Monitor (Stream Biomonitoring)
- Access to online digital resources
- Continuing Education Units from Auburn University
- Some food and lodging during workshop
The Workshop Registration Fee is $35 and is non-refundable after date one month before workshop. Your registration is not complete until your fee is received. You can pay online in the pages that follow, or mail a check to:
Alabama Water Watch
559 Devall Dr.
Auburn, AL 36849
Please contact the AWW Office with any questions.
Lee County Historical Society
6500 Stage Rd
Loachapoka, AL 36865